• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kef speakers - wireless or not, help needed

Elliot993

Standard Member
i have the chance to buy a set of kef 5005 speekers in black with sub for £700 ish with 4 years warranttee and i really like them but i have heard that the wireless is a reduction in quality.

I have a 7m by 4m room that they would be in and they would be used for dvd home cinema and cd music on a denon 1910 or onkyo 607.

Should i buy a new set of 2005 with full warrantee or go for the more expensive but big saving on new 5005's

thanks in advance for your views.

ps if i decide not to buy them i will post the details on here if you want them.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I may be wrong but I think you can either use the rears as wired or wireless. Hence you could run wires to them and not lose any sound quality. I know this is the case with a few wirelss systems I have seen before. If this can be done I would be tempted to get the 5005s and wire the rears in. This gives you the improved speakers without the negative of poor sound quality from the rears.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom