Kef R600c as left/right pair??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by loftfuton, Mar 12, 2013.

1. loftfuton

loftfuton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

For years my stereo music listening has been done on an old pair of Spendor BC1A'S. Now I want a 5.1 system that will also sound good in stereo, with the warmth and bottom end I had with the Spendors. Cant afford a Spendor system, liked the sound of the Kef 700's, but I have space restrictions so these floorstanders would be too big. Was going for the bookshelf R300's with 600c centre, but noticed the 600c's have the same driver configuration as the 700's, although in a much smaller cabinet and can be used vertically as a left/right pair. Anyone with any experience of the R series and could comment on the suitability of these for stereo? I'm hoping they will have the same musicality and well defined soundstage of the R300's but provide a bit more bottom end warmth approaching that of the 700's?? Quite a price difference between the R300 and R600c pair (pair of centres nearly double) so need advice. Obviously a listening test is best way but don't think that will be an option for me here. Ta very much.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  2. hifix

hifix
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,428
    You can use the centre speakers as front left and right, and techniclly they should sound better than using them on their side. You should find that they will sound like the R700, and have the same capabilities except for ultimate bass depth.