Kef R400b -Faulty?

scrowe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Setup my new Kef R-series speakers yesterday.

I have 2 of these subs into Sub1 and Sub2 on the Pioneer SC-LX86 (also new).

Sub1 randomly starts emitting a regular 'thump' 'thump' . It kicks in a few minutes after powering on, then intermittently comes and goes.

Sub2 is fine.

I've tried ensuring cables are tight, though haven't yet tried swapping them around to isolate or disprove faulty connections.

I've seen posts on other subs with similar issues that suggest the internal amp of the sub is faulty in these cases?

Last edited:
Sounds like a faulty amp. Id try swapping them over to see if its definitley the sub, but it sounds like it needs to be returned.

Sounds like a faulty amp. Id try swapping them over to see if its definitley the sub, but it sounds like it needs to be returned.

Thanks , swapped them over and problem seems to have gone away, though only had the system on for 2x 30 min tv watches thus far. I'll keep monitoring, but it seems really weird, unless it was a cable/connection issue.

Thanks , swapped them over and problem seems to have gone away, though only had the system on for 2x 30 min tv watches thus far. I'll keep monitoring, but it seems really weird, unless it was a cable/connection issue.

And spoke to soon, same sub, different location, different Sub-Cable, different input, different power cable and socket.

Just started the 'thump' 'thump' again. Will look to get it replaced I think.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom