• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kef R400b -Faulty?

scrowe

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

Setup my new Kef R-series speakers yesterday.

I have 2 of these subs into Sub1 and Sub2 on the Pioneer SC-LX86 (also new).

Sub1 randomly starts emitting a regular 'thump' 'thump' . It kicks in a few minutes after powering on, then intermittently comes and goes.

Sub2 is fine.

I've tried ensuring cables are tight, though haven't yet tried swapping them around to isolate or disprove faulty connections.

I've seen posts on other subs with similar issues that suggest the internal amp of the sub is faulty in these cases?

Last edited:

scrowe

Distinguished Member
Sounds like a faulty amp. Id try swapping them over to see if its definitley the sub, but it sounds like it needs to be returned.

Thanks , swapped them over and problem seems to have gone away, though only had the system on for 2x 30 min tv watches thus far. I'll keep monitoring, but it seems really weird, unless it was a cable/connection issue.

scrowe

Distinguished Member
Thanks , swapped them over and problem seems to have gone away, though only had the system on for 2x 30 min tv watches thus far. I'll keep monitoring, but it seems really weird, unless it was a cable/connection issue.

And spoke to soon, same sub, different location, different Sub-Cable, different input, different power cable and socket.

Just started the 'thump' 'thump' again. Will look to get it replaced I think.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom