Kef R300 stand - min top plate size

Ashish

Hello!

I've found some stands for sale, and am not sure if the top plate is too small?

the kef r300 dimensions are (w)210 x (d)345 mm

The stand with no name or model top plate is 17cm x 13cm

would you say this is too small for the speaker?

Thanks

pulpfxn

Hello!

Thanks
I have my R300s on the Fisual Dynami Duo, which has a top plate of 200mm by 165mm (20cm by 16.5cm). Having taken a closer look just now, I think your stands will probably work fine (especially with regard to the width), but would personally prefer the slighly larger size of the Duos.

TheHighFlyingBirds

Distinguished Member
Hello!

Thanks
Feels a bit small for me, you'll have a lot of overhang front to back, with the plate only being approx 30% of the speaker area.

Ashish

I have my R300s on the Fisual Dynami Duo, which has a top plate of 200mm by 165mm (20cm by 16.5cm). Having taken a closer look just now, I think your stands will probably work fine (especially with regard to the width), but would personally prefer the slighly larger size of the Duos.

Feels a bit small for me, you'll have a lot of overhang front to back, with the plate only being approx 30% of the speaker area.

Thanks guys, I was thinking just a tad to small too but wanted others thoughts. I'll keep looking,

I'll check out the fisual see how much they are.

Cheers

TheHighFlyingBirds

Distinguished Member
Thanks guys, I was thinking just a tad to small too but wanted others thoughts. I'll keep looking,

I'll check out the fisual see how much they are.

Cheers
The atacama nexxus 600 have the option of a large top plate with dimensions 190x305mm, and also allow for additional weights for the base plate, as I was going to get them for my R3's, but ended up building my own in the end.

Ashish

The atacama nexxus 600 have the option of a large top plate with dimensions 190x305mm, and also allow for additional weights for the base plate, as I was going to get them for my R3's, but ended up building my own in the end.
they do look nice, I need min 750mm height, as they are for the rears and sofa headrests get in the way. I looked on their site and don't see other heights, as that would have been perfect

TheHighFlyingBirds

Distinguished Member
they do look nice, I need min 750mm height, as they are for the rears and sofa headrests get in the way. I looked on their site and don't see other heights, as that would have been perfect
The website does say height options will be available this year, but it said that a few months ago when I started looking. Might be worth dropping them a message to see if the configurable heights are nearly available.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom