KEF Q700 & Q600C ... Rear surround suggestions?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by TampaMike, Aug 6, 2012.

1. TampaMike

TampaMike
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I am happy to say that I just purchased a pair of KEF Q700 towers and a KEF Q600C center channel! I'll be running them from my Denon AVR-3311CI.

I'm having a dilema trying to figure out what to do for my rear surround speakers. The room is very large and very open, so there is not a lot of wall space to mount anything. Also, the way the couch is situated, it would be very difficult to place stand-mounted speakers next-to or behind it.

Here are my options:
    1. There are already in-ceiling speakers directly above the couch. They aren't great speakers, but I could replace them. If I do, what recommendations do you have for ceiling-mount speakers that would balance out the KEF Q Series?
    2. I own a set of KEF 3005 satellite speakers and stands. I *can* use them on the left and right side of the couch, but my "sweet spot" viewing seat would put my left ear about 2 feet away from the left rear channel.
    3. Using the same KEF 3005 satellite speakers, I could possibly wall-mount them behind the couch. But it would be very high and they would not have an optimal angle to face the couch.
    Which option would you choose? Or can you think of something even better that I didn't think of yet??

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. spyder viewer

spyder viewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,285
    Welcome to AVForums!

3. Rich Marshall

Rich Marshall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +585
  4. pistolpete1

pistolpete1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    As you have the eggs already, I would experiment with positioning with the aid of two assistants to hold the eggs in different positions.......

Mine are on the side wall next to each end of the couch, but angled down to ear level....they sound great too!!!