KEF Q400B or Polk HTS10?

Boncos

Novice Member
Hi guys,

Newbie here. Desperately need some help.
I am setting up my first "mini home theater" in my living room (3.8m x 4.2m).
No special accoustic treatment in the room, but it has a room-sized carpet.
It will be a 5.1.2 setup (Dolby Atmos), anchored by a Marantz 5015.
It has 4 KEF Q100 (fronts and surrounds), a KEF Q200 (center), and 2 KEF Ci160sr (ceiling speakers).
I need help on deciding an appropriate subwoofer for my setup.
Based on my budget and a local shop recommendation, I've narrowed it down to KEF Q400B and Polk HTS10.
Which subwoofer do you think would be a better fit for my setup?
Or maybe any other recommended (similarly priced) subwoofer?
Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi guys,

Newbie here. Desperately need some help.
I am setting up my first "mini home theater" in my living room (3.8m x 4.2m).
No special accoustic treatment in the room, but it has a room-sized carpet.
It will be a 5.1.2 setup (Dolby Atmos), anchored by a Marantz 5015.
It has 4 KEF Q100 (fronts and surrounds), a KEF Q200 (center), and 2 KEF Ci160sr (ceiling speakers).
I need help on deciding an appropriate subwoofer for my setup.
Based on my budget and a local shop recommendation, I've narrowed it down to KEF Q400B and Polk HTS10.
Which subwoofer do you think would be a better fit for my setup?
Or maybe any other recommended (similarly priced) subwoofer?
Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Neither of those. What is your maximum budget?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
You don´t want to buy speaker manufacturer cheaply build woofer which is made for those 5.1 packages to keep the price low enough. You won`t get similar build quality, performance, bass quality, warranty, support/service as you get from company that specializes in subwoofers.

At 500$ SVS SB1000 Pro is very good compact choice! Phone app controlled.

If you would look more physical impact/rumble and stronger deep bass then the ported model PB1000 Pro is definitely worth it, sadly this is 100$ more expensive which is nothing in long run but i know sometimes you just can`t stretch..

As you live in US you get the superb "bills of rights" which we don`t get at UK/EU for SVS products:

Boncos

Novice Member
You don´t want to buy speaker manufacturer cheaply build woofer which is made for those 5.1 packages to keep the price low enough. You won`t get similar build quality, performance, bass quality, warranty, support/service as you get from company that specializes in subwoofers.

At 500$ SVS SB1000 Pro is very good compact choice! Phone app controlled.

If you would look more physical impact/rumble and stronger deep bass then the ported model PB1000 Pro is definitely worth it, sadly this is 100$ more expensive which is nothing in long run but i know sometimes you just can`t stretch..

As you live in US you get the superb "bills of rights" which we don`t get at UK/EU for SVS products:
Wow SVS SB1000 Pro looks great.
Great reviews as well.
I think I'll go for it.
Thanks, Gasp3621!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom