1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEf Q2ds

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by yimpster, Feb 6, 2004.

1. yimpster

yimpster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hiya,

Just received delivery of my shiny Kef Q2ds. A bit dismayed not to find any mounting brackets in the box, or any instructions on how to fix them to the wall.

Any of you helpful peeps got some suggestions on mounting these mammoths to the wall as i'd rather not have them falling on my head.

Cheers

Adam

2. Babylon

Babylon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    :confused: 2 screws in the wall, and hook them on.

3. Lez

Lez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yimpster

Just looked at my instructions & the details are as follows:

Suggested fixing height 2 m (6'8)

The fixing holes are at 225 mm centre's & 70 mm down from the top of the speaker.

Use some reasonable wall fixings, as you have gathered there quite heavey at 16.9 lbs each, leave the screw sticking out of the wall a little, then hook them on, adjust to suit, you should have 4 cusion pads, I've not used mine at the moment but I've not got the speakers in use as yet as my Amp's not arrived yet, so may fit them if there's any vibration that becomes apparent.

I'd go back to where ever you got them from & ask them to photocopy a set of the intructions, there a template on the instruction sheet that gives you the centres.

Have fun fitting them, I've just put 4 up & being the perfectionist I am I ended up getting by lazer level out to make sure they were all the same height around the room.

Lez
    (2 down 1 to go)

4. yimpster

yimpster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for that guys, i thought as much but wanted to be sure. I just discovered that these speakers are intended to be mounted facing each other, rather than a distance apart on the same wall.

Have you got any recommendations regarding this before i mount them, i'd rather not have them facing each other as my wife will not stop grumbling. heh heh.

Cheers again

Ads

5. yimpster

yimpster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Apparently they're dipole speakers if this helps? Not entirely sure what that means though...

Cheers

Adam