• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kef Q Series vs PMC FB1i

RedSea

Banned
Hi Guys, first post but been lurking for years !

I am in the market for a Hi-Fi upgrade at home, not spent anything for 6 years so its all change time. I currently have Arcam hardware (AVR300, A85, DV79,CD83) and Mission speakers (4x782se, 78C & SUB). I am looking at an Arcam AVR500 and the new Blu-Ray Player when its launched

I am still undecided on the speakers, I am leaning towards the Kef Q Series or PMC FB1i front and matching centre and rears, sub etc

The style over content part of me likes the B&W XT8, XT2 & XTC set up as well. I am listening to a selection of speakers this weekend at my local dealer so hopefully that will give me some clarity.

Does anyone have any input or can make any other recomendations at this price point, am I missig something really obvious in terms of manufacturer ?

The system will be used for 60% AV and 40% 2 Channel

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :smashin:

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
You might stumble across a random KEF 'Q' series here and there, but I think they are long discontinued.

You either want the KEF 'IQ', which I don't think are a match for PMC, or the KEF 'XQ' series.

Kef XQ 30 are about £1500/pr.

Kef XQ 40 are about £2500/pr.

KEF XQ40 FLOOR STANDING SPEAKERS (PAIR) at hifix.co.uk

PMC FB1i are about £2275/pr with a single 6.5"/170mm woofer.

PMC FB1i FLOOR STANDING SPEAKERS (PAIR) at hifix.co.uk

The biggest and best in the Kef 'IQ' series is the IQ90 for £999/pr -

KEF IQ90 SPEAKERS (PAIR) at hifix.co.uk

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom