1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef Q series Too big???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by subseageorge, Aug 2, 2004.

1. subseageorge

subseageorge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have a room 18x12x8
    Do you think a pair of Q7s 2 pair of Q2ds and a Q6 centre would be to much for this room.
    Many Thanks
    George
    Thought i had decided to buy the 9000 but now i think i can get all this for under a grand??
    Waiting for confirmation on quote.
    What would be best.??
    George

2. Dave Gray

Dave Gray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got a room smaller (2.8m x 3m). I looked and listened to the Q7s, they sounded fantastic but they were physically too big, so I opted for the Q5s and have been delighted with them. They still pump out plenty of bass for the music I throw at them (mainly dance & techno stuff).
    The Q9c centre is better than the Q6 so your budget may stretch if you went for the Q5s. The auto setup on my Denon set the Q9c to large.
    The Q2ds are superb and really do wrap you in surround effects. I rate them much more highly than my previous Mission 78ds dipoles.
    Now i can only speak for how it all sounds in my room, but combined with two subs, a B&W ASW2500 & SVS PC ultra monster I could cause structural damage, but sensibly tuned and balanced it is stunning, never overpowering even when pushed to stupid levels! :devil:

3. subseageorge

subseageorge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dave , I think you have just made up my mind for me.
    Thanks
    George