1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef Q series questions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dood, Apr 26, 2005.

1. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I have the Q95.2c, The Q55.2 fronts and old arcam delta 2 rears.

I am thinking of upgrading the centre to the Q10C and changeing rears to Q1 and either Q8S or Q2ds.

Anyone able to comment on these, particularly the centre, and would it be a significant upgrade?

2. Steve N

Steve N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,833
    I think you will get a definite improvement with the Q10c
    I would not go for the Q8s as I think you would be better off with 2 pairs of Q2ds for rears and rear effects (IMO)
    I use these myself as rears at present. The Q1's are direct firing, whereas the Q2ds being bipole, give a great wrap round effect -ideal for movies.
    Will you be replacing the fronts, or did you mean you would use the Q1's as fronts, in which case I think you would need something beefier like the Q4's or Q5's to match the rest of your set up

3. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    No I will not be replacing the fronts, the Q1s are for the back. With a denon receiver I can switch between two sets of rear speakers, or in a 7.1 setup I could have dipoles at the sides and direct firing speakers at the back. I thought the Q2ds are dipoles, not bipoles. Direct firing at the back would be used for 5.1 stereo music.

4. Steve N

Steve N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,833
    You are right, the Q2ds are dipoles. I also agree with you that for music the Q1's would be a better choice.
    When you make the changes let us know what you think about the difference in performance.

Steve