Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

KEF PSW4000 vs Boston PV1000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Nunoc, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Nunoc

Nunoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I know I'm asking something that very few might be able to help with . Ask for feedback on a very new product vs an established one. Here we go anyway....

Current system:

Loewe Xelos 81WS
    Yamaha DSP AZ2
    Yamaha DVD S830

Front - Kef Q7
    Rear - Kef Q1
    Center - Kef Q9c
    All bi-wired with QED Silver Ann.

Will be adding a Q1 for center rear and a pair of Q8s for front effects later this month. Room is 4.5m wide and 7m long.

The dilemma....
    Thing is I'm not certain what sub to get. I'm going to demo the new KEF PSW4000 and possibly the Boston PV1000 this week.
    The retailer will be building my system as it stands. Room dimensions and acoustics differ quite a bit though.

I also asked the shop about the Velodyne CHT 12 + 15 but they only have the VLF 1012. They don't stock Paradigm and only one retailer stocks it in a radius of about 100km from my house.
    Reading locally on the forum I'm also weary of the Yamaha range although the 1500 looks good on paper .... (dont they all ;-)

Looking for something to crush bone in home theatre but enhance the audio pleasure of DVD-A.

Any feedback will be appreciated. I'll also make sure and feedback on my low frequency extravaganza.

Thanks All
    Nuno

P.S - Agree with some that the Q9c just lacks something. Sadly the XQ 2c is just too pricey.