Kef Psw3000 Vs Rel Q150e Mk 2

C

curlywurly01

Hello, I have got 2 kefs q7's 2 kef q5's two kef 80 coda's and a psw3000 subwoofer, i have spotted a REL Q150e Mk 2 and wondered how it compared to the KEF sub, and could i use them in tandom - im not to sure about one thing though on the REL the neutrik speakon cable? Whats that - can i jsut join with a qed phono?

:thumbsup: :)

C

curlywurly01

Types of Music I like:

DSOE, Embrace, Kasabian, Koolio, Leftfield, Maroon 5,Moby, Oasis, Perfecto, Reflekt, Rob Thomas, Sarah McLachlan, The Killers, The Prodigy, The White Strips, U2, Muse, 2097.

The Type of Films That I Like:

Alien Quadrilogy, The Matrix Trilogy, Sin City, TFATF, The Day After Tomorrow, Mr And Mrs Smith, SAW and SAW II, Gone In 60 Seconds, Resident Evil 1 and II, Kill Bill 1 and II, Austin Powers, Butterfly Effect, Collateral.

I have got a Pair Of Kef Q7’s and a pair of Q5’s a pair of Kef Coda 80’s and a Kef Psw3000 – Sounds Good – Yes. Want More – Always.

Just wondered how a REL Q150E MK 2 compares to the kef PSW 3000 and if they would be good working together?

Or should I get rid of the kef psw3000 and one better sub I was thinking of spending around of £180 on a second sub but is it worth sell the Kef and having around £400 – £420 play with?

Cheers

kbfern

Distinguished Member
For around £420 you could get a BK Monolith in various wood finnishes or an SVS PB10-ISD either of these subs represent excellent value for money and generally blow away all competition at this sort of price level.

There are plenty of reviews around for both these subs,the SVS in particular fares verywell against a subwoofer costing 3-4 times as much on this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259890.

The SVS is currently available as a special price to members of this forum @ £420 delivered.

Ian J

Banned
I agree with kbfern as one Premier League sub would perform better than a pair from a lower division. I have had the SVS PB-10 and it would outperform the pair that you mentioned with it's eyes shut (if subwoofers had eyes, that is)

C

curlywurly01

So what your saying is that if i paired up A KEF PSW3000 and a REL 150e MK2 together with 2 kef Q7's 2 Q5's and 2 Coda 80's that this would be a poorer performance of either my system with a BK monolith or SVS PB10 ISD?

I have got £175 + what ever the KEF PSW3000 around £220 so about £400 to spend on One subwoofer, i thought that the KEF sub sounded great, it doesnt really bottom out until you really are pushing it, stays with the main speaker volume faultlessly. I like the look of the kef as it sounds good aswell as performing well - most other subwoofers have lost their style - dont get me wrong i am after performance but looks are always good - like a woman for example. The PB 10 looks best but whats the best????

thanks

Ian J

Banned
curlywurly01 said:
So what your saying is that if i paired up A KEF PSW3000 and a REL 150e MK2 together with 2 kef Q7's 2 Q5's and 2 Coda 80's that this would be a poorer performance of either my system with a BK monolith or SVS PB10 ISD?
Yes

Trending threads

Top Bottom