1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef PSW3000 stops working

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Newby, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Newby

Newby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am new to this forum, and I wonder if other people have had the same problem. I bought a new kef KHT 3005 set bright chrome in April last year. Since unpacking it , I have had problems with the sub. When plugging in the mains it didn't switch on at all it keeps switching off. Had this repaired repair company replaced fuse box. It worked for a while then the following occured, in july I noticed that the sub back oanel was extremly hot, couldn't touch it while in standby. So I turned it off and brought it back for repair again, maintenance company couldn't find anything. Then one evening listening there was a loud humming noise. So I turned it completely off. turned it back on again and the humming had gone. 2 weeks ago again the humming started and before a got to the sub. the sub switched off with a plop kind of sound and I couldn't get it to work since. I have brought it back again for repair and I am still waiting for the report why these things keep happening. Does any know why this happens. Is there something wrong with the power supply or the amp in the Sub. I am getting very frustrated as this sub has not work properly since I bought the unit.

Hope someone can help me,
    chris

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    It could be a grounding issue, is there a ground switch on the back of your sub?

3. Newby

Newby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know were would I find it??

4. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    I have a PSW2500, and there is a ground switch at the back of the sub close to the volume toggle.

5. jeff-o

jeff-o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds like something more serious than a ground switch. I think it's a problem with the amp itself. Did you ever look at the cone's movement while you were using the sub?