1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef PSW2500

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by WYNIR0, Aug 17, 2004.

1. WYNIR0

WYNIR0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi All,

I'm thinking of adding this sub to my system of Denon 1804 reciever, Kef Coda 7's front and rear, Kef Coda 80 center, but am having trouble getting to audition it, anyone tried it or got other recomendations in the £200-£300 bracket?. I'm looking for something with good deep bass that'll work equally well for music as movies.

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    It's a very good sub. Other options include the Mordaunt Short 309 and the BK XLS200, there's plenty of information on all 3 (including a direct comparison that we did) in this forum, just do a search and you'll have days worth of reading material :)

3. WYNIR0

WYNIR0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Just been doing some digging actually. Thanks, looks like there's a lot to read, although I'll probably still go with the kef, I've turned into something of a Kef loyalist. :laugh:

4. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Also a bit of a Kef loyalist myself, started off with coda 8 fronts, coda 7 rears and an awful yamaha centre.Upgraded since and I have a psw2500 - as well as the rest of my new speakers, did'nt think I'd need a sub but my local dealer let me dem one at home - it never went back to the shop!!I'm sure its just what you're looking for.Why not try to get a home dem yourself? I guarentee? you wont take it back.

Best wishes,

Dishdoc :thumbsup:

5. WYNIR0

WYNIR0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks Doc,

Soon as I move into my flat (D.I.V.O.R.C.E :rolleyes: ) I'll be doing some buying, that'll be demo time. :laugh: