1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kef psw2000 problems

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by beano1938, Dec 13, 2004.

1. beano1938

beano1938

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got problems with a Kef psw2000 sub woofer - it makes a booming sound every 20 seconds or so (sounds like a heartbeat) - tried exchanging the unit and have the same problem with the new one - no problems with the Energy sub woofer the shop has lent me pending solving the problem: receiver is Denon AVR 2802. Anyone got any ideas on what is causing this or how I can sort it out?

2. bizarrefish

bizarrefish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Possibly solutions could be interference from the power grid, is it on the same power block or socket as the amp? If not it could be the ground differential causing it to pop every now.

Alternatively it could get interference from other appliances so a surge protector / filter may also sort it out.

I have also heard that attaching a copper cable from the grounding screw of the sub to the grounding case screw of the amp can also help.

This is all from what I have read at alternative sources, I dont get the 20 second pop but i get low hums all the time. A combination of all of the above ironed out the problems.

Cheers

Richard