1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kef psw2000 in black..how good is it and will it fit into my system?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by TwinCityWild, Sep 23, 2005.

1. TwinCityWild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Im a total newbie to the world of subwoofers and after many years of not having one have decided to take the plunge. I dont want to spend to much.. probably a ceiling of £120 although i might pay more if the sub is worth it. Anyway i put a wanted add in and someone has offered me a kef psw2000 in black for £125. Well is this sub any good?? would it fit in with my system? My system is a set of Mission 702e's for the front..with a Mission 77c1 on the way...and then a set of Mission 731i's (which im in the process of changing and trying to hunt down a pair of Mission 77d's). Any help on this would be really appreciated :)

2. chris

Nov 20, 2000
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    romney marsh, kent, uk
    There's a PDR-10 for sale in the for sale section for £55....
    If you can collect then that would be just as good.....if not better than the psw2000 IMO and would save you a bit of money.

I had a psw2500 for home demo.......it did look nice, but it was up against an SVS 20-39PC+ for comparison........needless to say, the next day i took it back and said no thanks.

It would have been nice as a first sub....and so would the psw2000, but the pdr-10 would be just as good at a much lower price.
    The money you are saveing would pay for the petrol to go and collect it and still have change.

I must say that i have no connection with the seller.....but i have owned one and it was a very good sub....the person i sold mine to, still has it and is totally impressed every time he use's it.