1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF PSW2000 250Watt amp ???????

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by SPYTHON, Oct 1, 2002.

1. SPYTHON

SPYTHON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got my KEF KHT2005 setup in black, and very nice it looks too, but I have one query - I'm not sure if the SUB is a newer one with the uprated amp, the box says 150watts, and the instructions say 200watts, there is no indication on the sub itself, but the input power rating says 220watt amps - is there any way to tell, because I was sold the unit on the premise that it was one of the newer upgraded models.......

if its not then they're getting it back.....:confused:

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it has a serial number why not give Kef a ring/email, they should be able to confirm the specification of the sub.

3. SPYTHON

SPYTHON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    phoned KEF and spoke to one of the engineers:

if the sub has two round ports in the base then its a 150watt

if the sub has one large letterbox shapped port then it is rated at 250watts

:D

4. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    More power to the Python!!!:devil: :)

5. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I take it from the smiley at the bottom you have the 250w?

6. SPYTHON

SPYTHON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep thats right.........

also the KEF's in black are really nice, although they are very matt black the do seem far less obtrusive than in the silver

7. rooo

rooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What'e the sub like Spython, and what are you using with?

I have the KEF Q15's all round, and in the next month, I will (at last!) be getting a sub to finish it all off.

Wodering whether to stick with KEF for the sub, or go for a Velodyne/Yamaha/REL

8. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    rooo,

I would go for one of the REL ST range or Velodyne from your list as they outclass the Yamaha and KEF subs quite easily.

9. SPYTHON

SPYTHON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep listen to ian, I would love a REL, but my wife would go mental, I got no end of grief last night, when I put the centre egg on top of the TV...... the comment was:

"Looks like a bl**dy egg from space i'm not watching the TV I'm just staring at that thing"

So I might even get told to send them back - :( , its in negotaioation, I may be able to get away with taking the centre
    egg off its stand and make a black styrofoam nest for it to live on, so its not so bold

10. rooo

rooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm, I've been suspecting that. The Velodyne CHT10 and REL Q150 and Quake are still tops of my list. My budget is around £300-£350, which means the Velodyne Power buy is in my reach (if it is stil on in a months time), and maybe the REL's.

Cheers guys.