KEF PSW1000 Sub - Repair Advice?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Goof, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Goof

Goof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I picked up a Kef PSw1000 sub on another forum for next to nothing as the seller said it was faulty. On getting it home, even though I know nothing about speaker construction, I figured I'd open the back up and have a look to see if there was anything glaringly obvious (disconnected wire, burst fuse etc).

Couldn't see any problems (or fuses fo that matter) so I put it back together, flicked the imput switch on the back to auto and was delighted when it fired into action! :clap: I used it a handful of times over the past couple of weeks but when I turned on my system yesterday I was gutted to find it wasn't working any more.

I've tested my previous sub again with my Yamaha 5630 receiver and it's fine so the sub's obviously a little temperamental. I've read that this sub did have some problems and that the amplifier module could be replaced for £50. However, I'm severly skint atm due to various upgrades and as the sub has some life and I don't mind pulling it apart, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the problem/solution could be?

Would make me a happy chappy if I got it going again :)

2. amackie

amackie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Goof

Goof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks amackie, will drop them a line :)