Kef PSW1000 any good for £150?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by JIT, Mar 16, 2002.

1. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Is this sub any good for the money? I will be using it with Tannoy R3's and the Marantz 5200.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I have never heard either speakers or sub but would guess that the sub would not be good enough for the speakers. If £150 is your maximum have a look at the Paradigm from Richer Sounds.

If you can double that have a look at a REL Q50 at £300 from Hifi Confidential or the MJ Acoustics Pro Sub 50 from Sevenoaks which are both good subbies.

3. mitch316

mitch316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    richer sounds are doing the celestion s80 for £79 down from £199.better take a copy of the advert in this months what hi-fi as the staff didnt believe me when i told them.

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    My speaker system is also based around Tannoy Revolutions.As i am looking for a new sub i thought it may be an idea to keep costs down to use the MX sub,i was advised by contacts at Tannoy not to do this as it *will* have a detrimantal effect on the overall sound and only use the Revolution sub.Now the cynical among you may assume this is an oppertunity for Tannoy to extract more cash from my wallet but the truth is, my contact can get me these speakers for an absolute rock bottom prices so more profit doesn't come into it.It may be worth saving up a little longer to get the right thing. I would stress that others will not agree with the above so maybe find a dealer who will let you try a home demo.