Kef Psw 2000

johna

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello all

My recently purchased KEF PSW 2000 has given up the ghost, I came back from hols and nothing. I have tried replacing the cable etc but there is no bass coming out at all.

The strange thing is there is a signal going to the sub, I have switched the power to auto and the green light comes on. But if I switch the power off there isn't the usual 'thud' you get when you switch off subs

Anyone else had anything like this? As i bought it second hand so its not under warrenty.

Thanks in advance!

Hi johna,

Give KEF a call.
I have found them to be quite helpful over the years.

Wook

Thanks Wook

Sent them an e-mail an got an answer almost straight away very good customer service,

John

What was Kef's response ?

I have just returned mine to the dealer for repair ( 3 months out of warranty unfortunately). It was displaying the same fault :- Power light on but no output.

What was the outcome of the email to kef , is it easy to fix or how much is it gonna cost , as mines just given up also , im very disappointed in this sub as i havent had it all that long and its packed up , poor build quality.Ive been quoted £180 by PRC to repair , anyone know somewhere cheaper.

Update : My dealer (Super-fi) has quoted me £52. The breakdown states that this is labour only as no parts are required.

This seems reasonable to me.

The actual work required is "To replace power amp assy and test to spec"

Not sure what a power amp assy is (!) but will be glad to get my sub back and working

:)

Hi

Kef quoted me around the £50 without even looking at it! so it must be a standard problem with those subs.

I'm having to send mine direct to Kef as I didn't buy it from a dealer.

Thanks Wookie , i called KEF and they told me £50 also , standard price inc upgrading to latest spec , so the guy told me.Im gonna take mine down there as its only 45 mins from me , just want some bass back , music and movies sound a bit naff at the minute.

I took mine back to my dealer Hi Fi city and they charged me just £20 for the postage and packing of the SUB amp sent from KEF.

I mentioned to them that in the booklet that came with the speakers the warranty is for 5 years. They said that it only applies to the speakers and not the electronics. Anyway they did not charge me for the replacement.

Since the amp has been replaced though the SUB seems to have developed a hum. KEF have suggested grounding the SUB to the amp with a piece of speaker cable. Anyone know if this will work ?

The amp of my KEF PSW 2000 blew up the other day. Smoke everywhere and unfortunately no warranty left. I went with my dead amp directly to KEF in Maidstone and ask for a repair. They swapped the unit for a brand new one in situ. No charge or fuss at all. Super service!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom