Kef Products and Mail Order - Limited Options???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by New Bloke, Jan 2, 2007.

1. New Bloke

New Bloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    For my new year purchasing amongst all the items, I am wanting to buy the Kef 1005 speaker package, the best price I can find is £249.99 but it seems there is some agreement between Kef and the retailers that no Kef products can be shipped, they can only be collected, is this true?

Statement from Creative Audio's site : No dealer is allowed to ship KEF equipment,
    it is strictly 'collection only'
    [​IMG]

Also Superfi's advert in What Hifi shows them at £249.99 but no mention from their website:confused:

I am in Aberdeen so my options are limited, there is a Sevenoaks in town, my only other option would be to travel to Glasgow / Edinburgh for Richer Sounds.

Suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Full Shopping List:

Sony 40W2000U
    Denon 1930
    Denon 1507 or Sony STRD1200ES
    Kef KH-T1005

2. RAINS

RAINS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi, i had the same issue last year when i purchased the Kef 2005 kit. I bought mine from an independant retailer in Shropshire about 2 hours away.

According to them retailers are not allowed to sell by mail order only collection.

Great bit of kit though, well recommended....:smashin:

3. hammers80

hammers80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have proof of this?as KEF arn't keen to answer.

4. Xeonic

Xeonic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Haven't tried it myself, but some organisations with online/bricks and mortar shops used to allow you to ring up and book an audition, go in and "review" (if only for 5 minutes ;) ) then get the goods shipped (note - not ordered) to you by post.

That way both dealer and manufacturer are happy :) Might be worth calling that local dealer to see if that is a possibility.

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    Why don't you go and see Sevenoaks in Aberdeen. If you ask they might be able to match or get close to matching that price. I know the guys there well and would recommend them.

Even if they don't discount the product you may get some sort of a deal on the cables you will need for the system. It really wouldn't be worth travelling all the way to Edinburgh or Glasgow only to try and save a paltry £50. It would also be useful having the peace of mind knowing that if you had any problems with the kit the dealer is close by to help you out. If you travelled all the way to Edinburgh or Glasgow to buy the product then you would have to go all the way back there again if you had any issues with the product. I know that neither myself or the staff at Sevenoaks in Aberdeen would feel inclined to help you out if you have a problem and you never bought the kit from them.