Kef price?

Parmenion

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a pair of Kef iQ3 speakers and have been searching around for prices. As far as I can tell there doesn't seem to be any difference in the prices of kef speakers compared to, say, most other brands. Every dealer appears to have the same price. :confused:

Is there anywhere that sells at less than retail?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

regards

Parmenion :(

Parmenion said:
I'm looking at buying a pair of Kef iQ3 speakers and have been searching around for prices. As far as I can tell there doesn't seem to be any difference in the prices of kef speakers compared to, say, most other brands. Every dealer appears to have the same price. :confused:

Is there anywhere that sells at less than retail?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

regards

Parmenion :(

You'll be lucky pal. These are a new speaker range, which is likely to be pretty successful, why would any dealer want to be advertising them at less than retail? If you buy them as part of a complete system, then I think its fair to say you would be much more likely to get a discount. Also, KEF do not allow current product to be sold online, where the usual warehouse guys do their stuff.

Anyway, don't you think they are worth what they cost?

I agree, if you have listened to them and don't think they are worth what they cost then buy a cheaper speaker.

Interesting views.

Why would any dealer advertise them at less than retail? Well the answer that springs to mind is.........to sell more of them! Knock £20 off the price and attract more customers. More customers equals more volume of product sold.

Of course if the manufacturer doesn't allow the retailer to do that, then that's another matter.

You both mention the phrase "what they cost". I suppose I would have to answer no, I don't think they are worth what they cost. What they cost (to me at least) means what do they cost to make. What they cost to make is less than the rrp. I don't wish to pay rrp. Retailer profit is another thing entirely. That does not mean that I wish to buy another speaker. Thanks anyway.

Still, interesting info about Kef and online sales. Thank you for that piece of info.

regards

Parmenion

Parmenion said:
You both mention the phrase "what they cost". I suppose I would have to answer no, I don't think they are worth what they cost. What they cost (to me at least) means what do they cost to make. What they cost to make is less than the rrp. I don't wish to pay rrp. Retailer profit is another thing entirely. That does not mean that I wish to buy another speaker. Thanks anyway.
Parmenion

Do you know what these speakers cost to make?

Just re-read my original post. My fault really.

Rather than "any thoughts would be appreciated" perhaps I should have said "any positive suggestions welcomed".

Any thoughts.............? asking for trouble really.

regards

Parmenion

Crustyloafer said:
I agree, if you have listened to them and don't think they are worth what they cost then buy a cheaper speaker.

Crustyloafer,
how much these are better then previous Q range.
thanks

Shin Akuma said:
Crustyloafer,
how much these are better then previous Q range.
thanks

I know this was not aimed at me, but I have heard both ranges and lets just say that if you have the original range then you will not lose any sleep over the new ones being released.

Parmenion said:
You both mention the phrase "what they cost". I suppose I would have to answer no, I don't think they are worth what they cost. What they cost (to me at least) means what do they cost to make. What they cost to make is less than the rrp.

Your statement implies that you only wish to pay what it costs the munfacturer to make the product, meaning no profit for manufacturer or dealer. How then do you propose this industry continues? Should the Hi-Fi industry be a voluntary, non-profit industry, a charity lets say?

I understand your interest in getting the best deal, but please do consider that these are a very new product on the market, discounting them straight away immediately devalues the product which is not something a manufacturer or dealer wishes to see in the first few months of a product's life. I think it would be more reasonable for you to expect really good deals on older stock like the Q series which are still excellent and have some very keen prices available for the stock that's remaining.

I quite sure that should you be looking for a deal then most dealers would be quite happy to do you a deal on cables or other accessories with a pair of speakers. Should you be looking a buying a larger AV package consisting of several speakers the there is more likelyhood of a discount of some sort. Walking into a store, or even worse just phoning round various stores, asking "what your best price" for various products is the least likely method to result in (a) a good deal and (b) a good rapport with the dealer in question.

If you like the looks and performance of the product but think they are a little bit too expensive then maybe you should try looking for a less expensive product that gives you the same level of looks and performance. If you have trouble finding the same level of looks and performance for less money then maybe the Kefs aren't such poor value after all, I mean if no other manufacturer can compete with them for less money, why should the Kefs be sold for less?

These are only my own personal opinions should be taken as such. I am purely just trying to highlight the other side of the arguement.

I personally think its also worth paying the rrp which indirectly pays for the years and years of research and development they put into the speakers. Not only Kef but indeed all top manufacturers put in years of effort into furthering the technology which ultimatley benefits us, the consumer. Just a thought

Skinny

skinnyfat said:
I personally think its also worth paying the rrp which indirectly pays for the years and years of research and development they put into the speakers. Not only Kef but indeed all top manufacturers put in years of effort into furthering the technology which ultimatley benefits us, the consumer. Just a thought

Skinny

Unfortunately, your way of thinking appears to be less and less apparent. Most consumers at this level are only thinking about short term gain. I also think that the ""I'm not paying rrp" mentality is largely down to how the media portray Rip Off Britain, where everybody is wrongly led to believe that we are all making millions from the uninformed end user.

I have no problem with rrp, what annoys me is when you see the same kit available for less in the EEC.

Wasn't the EEC meant to have equal prices.

I'm not knocking the manufactures as it's probably UK taxes that hike the price. But you can see why people get brassed off when you can import the same for less.

I bought some Cantons from JJ on this forum for EEC prices. If I had bought them at the UK normal price I would have paid £340 more.

Ido.

I suppose you could equate this scenario to buying a car. If you want a no frills point A to point B car there is a chance you'll find one going new for less than the manufacturers rrp. If however you want the latest thing with all the goodies and modern developments you would be prepared to pay the price. Its a matter of choice. I chose to purchase 'upmarket' speakers and am willing to pay the price. I will of course try to find the best price I can but if that happens to be the manufacturers rrp then so be it. This explains my dire financial state :suicide:

Why the attitude :eek:, Parmenion, IMHO, was only asking if anybody knew of any going at a better price than that listed by most, probably all, retailers. :hiya:

Sorry to hijack, but does anybody know of any dealers offering a better deal on the new Qs for a 5.1 purchase, would invest in the old Qs, but am finding it hard to get the 5.1 all in black (WAF)?

MyBoxLife said:
Why the attitude :eek:, Parmenion, IMHO, was only asking if anybody knew of any going at a better price than that listed by most, probably all, retailers. :hiya:

Sorry to hijack, but does anybody know of any dealers offering a better deal on the new Qs for a 5.1 purchase, would invest in the old Qs, but am finding it hard to get the 5.1 all in black (WAF)?

Go to www.redcoon.com

Obrigado (Thanks) Falp, that works out roughly to:
Q1 at £131
Q2ds at £240
Q9c at £257
Q5 at £309
PSW 2500 (No PSW 3500 :() at £381
Q7 at £415

ALL IN BLACK!

As it happens, I'm in Portugal from Monday, next week, on holiday, how does Kef Warranty work, would I be able to get these looked at here in the UK if something went wrong?

EDIT
It seems I would be covered for two years anywhere in Europe, is that the standard Warranty from Kef, only two years?

I don't know...

Are all of them available?

Falp said:
I don't know...

Are all of them available?

Available in 7 days :rolleyes:.

Parmenion said:

Is there anywhere that sells at less than retail? Parmenion :(

I'm surprised no one has told you yet but Kef have a pricing policy with their retailers.
No one can sell Kef products below list price unless authorised by Kef.
In many cases they will not even allow purchasing via the internet.

However, some retailers will get around this if you visit them in person. They will throw in freebies or offer reductions under the guise of ex demo or shop soiled etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom