• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kef owners

craigmccall43

Established Member
Random question but interested to know how capable kef satellites are as a 2.0 system for music, got the ceol picollo and need smaller speakers and cant afford a sub just now

craigmccall43

Established Member
i assume that i would be clearly without the sub however im looking to find out if its a solution untill i can invest in a sub or a complete waste of time.

sergiup

Distinguished Member
The Ceol Picollo speakers seem to be rated 70 Hz – 20 kHz (at whatever points.. I'm guessing -3dB); if you're looking for even smaller speakers, you'll be losing even more bass. It's not a waste of time, just don't expect much bass at all.

The HTS2001.3 satellite for example is rated 80Hz - 27kHz; which KEF satellites are you actually looking at?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom