1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef Or Mordaunt

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by vikt, May 23, 2005.

1. vikt

vikt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After months of deliberating I finally decided to buy a brand new Home cinema system.

After reading various reviews and many hours of visiting different audio shops and demos, I have decided to purchase Yamaha RXv1500 amp and pioneer PDP435xde plasma and lastly pionerr DV668AVS dvd player as that's the only one that had HDMi output.

SO far so good. However when it came to speakers I had my mind made up on KEF KHT 2005.2 , but then I heard Mordaunt short Genie , now I am very confused which one to go for.

Had anyone got these speakers or amp. Please help me by letting me know what you think of these speakers and amp or have I made a huge mistake here. :lease: :lease: :lease:

2. oh aye

oh aye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the kefs back in october and i am very impressed with them because they're being replaced i got them for 600 quid. I run them from a sony strdb1080 amp ( in 6.1 i bought an extra sat for a 100 quid) a pioneer 575 dvd player with qed silver ann cable. I never heard the genies as they just came out when i bought the kefs but i have no regrets. Your system is real good the amp, dvd player and screen are excellent so take time out to demo various speaker packages. Most magazines are rating the mission m cube and the new B&ws as well as the genies. The kefs are good though.

3. strontiumdog

strontiumdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have yamaha 650 and genie speakers.the sound quality is superb,dont know about the kefs,i think there on a par with genies. not much to choose between them.think it all comes down to the style you like most.

4. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,309
    As much help as a chocolate fireguard I know but both systems sounded good on the end of a Yamaha 1400 so you won't lose with either of them. Obviously company loyalty says Genie but then £200 spare is a not inconsiderable sum.