1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF need to improve their communications

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by loz, Jul 9, 2001.

1. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    I have been waiting on a pair of stands for my 2005 speakers for a month.
    Despite 3 weeks of 'they will be here next week' my dealer then started to say they couldnt not give me a date.

Last Wednesday I emailed KEF asking them what was going on, and pointing out that if they couldnt supply the stands then the speakers were going back.

I got no reply.

But then Saturday, my stands turned up, having been overnighted to the dealer, much to his amazement - as it was quite expensive he said and not their usual delivery.

I guess my email to KEF did the trick. But I still havent heard a whisper from them!

2. Ron Locke

Ron Locke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Loz,

Sorry to hear that you had to wait so long for your stands, our biggest problem is that we purely can't manufacture the stands quick enough.
    The KHT2005/KMS2002 systems have been selling at a rate of knots and demand for the optional stands has way exceeded our initial forecast quantity.
    We try to supply our product as efficiently as possible, though on certain items (such as the HTS2001 stand)we seem to generate a lot of "Back Orders" which have to be fullfilled first, a sort of queue system.
    Sorry again.

Enjoy your system.

Regards

Ron Locke
    KEF Audio (UK)

3. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    Thanks Ron

I certainly am enjoying my system.

I have no problems with the delay it happens.
    But as seems common, it communicating the fact that seems so difficult for folk.

Frustration at delays would be so much less if retailers and manufacturers were more honest.

As far as I understand it in this situation, Kef told the retailer they would be arriving next week for 3 weeks, and then they failed to turn up.

Of course the retailer might equally have been playing his part in misleading me.

And in this case, I STILL havent received a reply from Kef to my email asking where my stands are.

(even though it seems to have had the desired effect in experditing the delivery of my stands)

So the orginal point still stands.
    You need to improve your communications.

4. Ron Locke

Ron Locke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Loz,

Will have a word with the scheduling team, they are responsible for getting orders fullfilled from production, this is where our sales team pull the delivery times from, so if the sales team receive misleading info then that is (unfortunately) passed onto our dealers.
    I must stress that it is only on obscure items that we have difficulties in keeping up with demand.
    Price you pay for being popular.
    Thought I'd answer your mail publically.

Best Regards

Ron

5. Giles

Giles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have had problems getting any reaction from Kef via email - not even 'we are dealing with your query' type of reply.

I sent an email 31/5/01 and still nothing back. I was extremly dissapointed with that.

Luckily I posted a query on here after 2 weeks of waiting (maybe less) and I sorted out my problem.

Ron - Great speakers, been a Kef user for years, but felt let down by your company when I needed some simple advise.

6. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    thanks Ron

But like the other poster here, I was primarily moaning about the lack of reply to my email - though I suppose I was not that explicit.

7. Ron Locke

Ron Locke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Points have been taken on board, and I'll do my best to sort out these problems.
    We have recently taken on a young enthusiast to answer our incoming e-mails, he has remarkable knowledge of our products (past and present) so is able to help with any KEF related query. I am also available to answer any problems or advise on all aspects of our product range either via this chat forum or directly on Ron.Locke@kef.com

Cheers guys, enjoy your weekend.

Ron Locke

KEF Audio Ltd
    :cool:

8. Giles

Giles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ron.

Much appreciated.

9. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    And just so you know it is only your email responses I am moaning about, my Kef 2005's are brilliant!

And look magnificant on their new stands.
    Though it was a squeeze getting flat cable down the tubes!

Though every female who has visited wants to know what the eyeball is on top of the TV. "Is it a camera?" they ask!

10. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    This all sounds so familiar. This is why I 'embarrassed' Ron and Kef to contribute to this board. I feel it has been a worthwhile exercise for for KEF (and me).

Now I am friends again with KEF, and I am walking around in my new KEF tee shirts, promoting their products again. I think there has been a problem in the past, that KEF perhaps didn't realise, but they seem to be putting their act together, though this will take time. Behind the un answered emails is a caring company, it's just not always visible.