• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kef LSX v separates

Spick72

I currently have a 7.2.4 home theatre set up with Dali Oberon 1s as front left and right being driven by a Denon x3600h. The next upgrade I was looking at was changing the Dali for better speakers and separate amp. My budget is between £1000 and £1200. I thought I had settled on an Audiolab 6000 A play and something like B&W 606’s however the Kef Lsx look interesting. I can still integrate them into the home theatre by connecting the L/R pre outs to the 3.5 and then when listening to 2 channel run AirPlay to the LSX. My question is would the separates be better than the LSX for roughly the same price?

dazzitfc

Standard Member
Personally I’m considering getting rid of my LSX Wireless and going for a Bluesound 2i Powernode with a decent set of speakers. To be honest I’m pretty underwhelmed by the sound quality after trading in my Mu-So for the LSX Wireless, the Mu-So in my opinion sounded far better and the app was brilliant. I even have them sitting on the expensive KEF wall stands made for the LSX and they still sound a bit flat when running Tidal masters through them (with the supplied gold plated lan cable linking the speakers for the high bit rate).
If I was you I’d go for separates.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom