KEF LS 50 Wireless Speakers and Cambridge Audio CXN v2

vdeangelis

Novice Member
Dear All,
I have the KEF LS 50 Wireless Speakers which I adore. I have added a turntable and sounds fantastic. If I were to add a Cambridge Audio CXN v2, would the quality of digital output improve substantially? If yes, how do I connect the Cambridge Audio CXN v2 to the speakers as the AUX input is already used by my turntable?
Thank you in advance for your input!

Helix Hifi

No,it would defeat the whole purpose of using the KEF wireless speakers, won’t it.

The DAC Chip in the KEF speakers are more then good enough. So is encoding to decoding.

Same with the steaming/app/software.

Still if you wanna try this. Do the following....

Buy one separate phono stage. Two sets of RCA cables. One optical cable.

Two RCA cables from the streamer to the speakers. Use the streamer analog inputs, speakers analog outputs.

Connect the optical cable from streamer optical output, then to speakers optical input.

Then connect the turntable to the phono stage by using the extra set of RCA cables to the streamer from the phono stage. I’m not entirely sure though, no turn table expert.

But I believe this is the only way to do this.

Hopefully other we’ll help.

Good luck.

Last edited:

vdeangelis

Novice Member
No,it would defeat the whole purpose of using the KEF wireless speakers, won’t it.

The DAC Chip in the KEF speakers are more then good enough. So is encoding to decoding.

Same with the steaming/app/software.

Still if you wanna try this. Do the following....

Buy one separate phono stage. Two sets of RCA cables. One optical cable.

Two RCA cables from the streamer to the speakers. Use the streamer analog inputs, speakers analog outputs.

Connect the optical cable from streamer optical output, then to speakers optical input.

Then connect the turntable to the phono stage by using the extra set of RCA cables to the streamer from the phono stage. I’m not entirely sure though, no turn table expert.

But I believe this is the only way to do this.

Hopefully other we’ll help.

Good luck.
Thank you!!
You comment: The DAC Chip in the KEF speakers are more then good enough, solved my problem!!

Helix Hifi

By all means try and borrow the streamer from the shop first, since I’m not familiar with both the streamer, speakers. But I still believe this is the correct way to connect the network/streamer to the speakers.

As mentioned DAC’s today are so good you need too spend fortune to hear any difference, if all.

If we jump back 12-15 years then there is more noticeable differences.

Other members we’ll have an entirely different view then me, because many members use expensive external DAC’s.

Since the speakers are equipped with both streamer, DAC. I believe it is pointless to add network/streaming unit.

If so it would be more convenient to add an external DAC.

You could try the Topping models. They have several models too chose from. If there are any sound difference at all, that is. Try them, perhaps you hear difference in SQ.

As I said I am not entirely sure if I’m correct regarding your question about adding the Cambridge streamer.

If I am wrong, other well help. Or the hifi shop well help you.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom