Kef Kube 2 repair

DigiSingh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I needed some help regarding my Kef Kube 2 subwoofer
It recently stopped working and I sent off the amplifier part of the subwoofer to Kef to see if they could repair it. They were very helpful but unfortunately they discovered that there was alot of damage/burnt out areas on the power board and recommended I buy a new amplifier part to install into the enclosure.

I wanted to know if anyone has had a similar problem with this particular subwoofer and managed to fix this problem?
I have attached images of the subwoofer and also images of what Kef sent to me of the PCB of the amplifier and power supply

If this isnt worth the hassle could someone recommend an amplifier/power supply I could buy cheaply enough to carry on using my subwoofer until I am ready to either buy the replacement amp or even buy a new subwoofer.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
What did you end up doing?
I have a similar problem with the same subwoofer
Hi
I guess this must be a common problem with this subwoofer?
I haven't managed to do anything with mine at the moment. I was looking into replacing the whole amp plate with one from eBay but wasn't sure which spec I would need to make it work with the driver and enclosure. But I think that's the only option I have now if I want to keep it. Otherwise I will just buy a new one but probably not a Kef.

Would be interested if you manage to fix yours. Please let me know :)

So you still haven't fixed it after 8 months? I was hoping you have had it sorted by now so that I would draw on your experience! :(

So you still haven't fixed it after 8 months? I was hoping you have had it sorted by now so that I would draw on your experience! :(

Lol nope. Tbh I left it and completely forgot about it until you posted in the thread lol

Because the problem on mine was on the power board the person at Kef told me it couldn't be repaired and also they wouldn't recommend me trying it myself (but conveniently tried to sell me a new amp board) I was also looking around to see if anyone else had the same problem and repaired it themselves but couldn't find anything. Would be good if I could just replace the power side of the amp with something or I will probably try an eBay amp plate of some sort.

Please let me know if you have any luck with yours

Hi I realise that this is an old thread and I'm not even sure I can post! Pic one top right corner shows edge of board where 5 white and red cables connect. In the pic it seems there's a break in that edge, just where the PCB tracks come from that plug? Might be far too late, I originally came to this forum to ask if anyone knew what output amp was used in this sub....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom