KEF KHT9000 @ Bristol Show

IanW

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Wow, saw the KEF KHT9000ACE at the Bristol show yesterday. I canot believe the big sound that was coming out of such a small (relatively speaking as the 9000's are actually quite big for sub/sats) box.

I currently have Q55s and I have to say that I thought the 9000s sounded better. I though that the demo was structured very well as the first thing that was shown was a pair of 9000s running in stereo so that the bass extension could be heard, then the demo moved onto to multi channel film and music. This really shows the benefit of having the same speaker units around the room, as the sound really does move fluidly. Currently I have stereo fronts and cinema centre and surrounds, this works okay but you really do not have a seemless transition front to back or even across the front soundstage.

These are now on my short list, I just need to get saving. :blush: Do not be surprised to find my current speakers for sale in the classified sometime soon. :clap: :smashin:

Ian.

I heard the sattelites will/do sell at £500 per piece but have heard nothing about the sub, how much is it which model etc...

I believe that KEF recommend two subs for the 9000s, either the PSW4000 (£1,200) or PSW3000 (£600), the demo was with the PSW4000.

Ian.

I believe that KEF recommend two subs for the 9000s

excellent. Why not 3 or 4 or 5? Surely that the best way to boost sales;)

Are they recommending two subs as one isn't up to the job

They only had one at the show and it was a very large room....

Guys,

It is a choice of one OR the other depending on room size. The PSW4000 was rather large. I found this surprising as both the PSW4000 and my current 30B are both 30cm drivers but my 30B can only be about 2 thirds the size of the 4000?

Ian.

i heard the demo at the show did u not think they were straining a bit to fill that room though?
also just as a personal thing i like it better if they are willing to put a bit of your stuff on rather than just their hand picked demo material (this goes for 50% of the show).

did like the fact they showed some material from the film Hero though as it is top!

I heard them too - great sound and a great demo by the KEF guys.

They had them in a 7.1 configuration so 5.1 may indeed struggle to fill the room. The 7.1 seemed just about adequate

THe 5005 sounded great too !

I was blown away by the Hero clip, looked great - I must add it to my DVD collection :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom