KEF KHT3005 Speaker Package

icibus

Standard Member
Soon I will be moving out of my parents, finally! - I decided now would be a good time to save up some cash and get myself a home cinema system, because while i've been living with my parents i've missed out on so much home cinema fun!!

I'm planning on getting the following, unless anyone can suggest something which would be better for a similar price.

PANASONIC TH42PX600
KEF KHT3005
DENON AVR-3806
DENON DVD-2910

What i'm wondering is, will this all work well together?, I haven't chosen my flat yet, so would love some information on what kind of living room shape I should be looking for to get the best home cinema experiance, so I know what to look for when viewing. Don't have a budget, just going to save and spend until i'm happy, don't have any commitments money wise so will have alot of spare cash.

Thanks for the help, cheers!

MannyMore

Standard Member
Hi... No problem with the Denon 3606/2910 combination here ! I am using HDMI for the connections to a Panansonic LCD and it works fine:)
The 3005 package looks reasonable (jury out atm) but pricey, the 2005.2 package I have does the job well at about half the cost ! depends on your room size really, very easy to get carried away with speaker packages , best to hear them before buying.Also take into account the speaker cable cost, can be quite a shock to the system:eek:

Good Luck anyway

Tony

Paul_Maddocks

Almost exactly what I am looking into.

Already invested in a 42PX60, looking to get the 3005s with either a Denon 2807 or the Yam 2600 (depending on avail).

Any comments when you get this system would be great, gonna go demo mine soon once I move out to my new place!

Will keep everyone posted.

martind

I am running the Kef 2005.2 with a Pioneer VSX-AX2 connected to a Panasonic 42px60................Fantastic!!

I was originally looking at the Kef 3005, but instead i went for the 2005.2 as SuperFi are knocking them out at £500, half the price of the 3005!!!..........oh SuperFi also have the Kef 5005's at £500 too, but the speaker stands can be as much as £200 a pair.

The 2005.2 are amazing for the price plus a winner with the wife.

seasider2

Standard Member
Totally agree. I was amazed by the 2005.2's. I origianlly went for 5005's (too big the Mrs said!), then looked at the 3005's, but came away with the 2005's at half the cost and couldn't really tell much difference to te 3005's.

I was in the same boat, the Mrs loved the look of the 2005's to suit our lounge, but I really don't think I've had to compromise on sound.

Some good deals to be had, got mine for £500 also. Most shops are now trying to clear stock of 2005.2's, and 5005.1 to make way for 5005.2's.

:clap:

seasider2

Standard Member
icibus said:
Soon I will be moving out of my parents, finally! - I decided now would be a good time to save up some cash and get myself a home cinema system, because while i've been living with my parents i've missed out on so much home cinema fun!!

I'm planning on getting the following, unless anyone can suggest something which would be better for a similar price.

PANASONIC TH42PX600
KEF KHT3005
DENON AVR-3806
DENON DVD-2910

What i'm wondering is, will this all work well together?, I haven't chosen my flat yet, so would love some information on what kind of living room shape I should be looking for to get the best home cinema experiance, so I know what to look for when viewing. Don't have a budget, just going to save and spend until i'm happy, don't have any commitments money wise so will have alot of spare cash.

Thanks for the help, cheers!
Incidently, if your buying this system for a flat (assuming it's not an apartment in Mayfair) you'll probably spend twice as much as you need to with that system. Like someone already said, it's easy to get carried away.

Ixnay

Admittedly I haven't called them up yet, but Superfi have the 5005's priced at £1000 on their web site.

What store have you seen them at for £500? Really want to demo these. If they perform well, combined with the fact that they are quite WAF'ish I'm in at that price! :D

DM 73

I have the 5005's in a 6.1system and i love them.payed around £1300 for mine when they came out and have seen them online for £799 just the other day:(
They r the same 100w per speaker as the 3005's and the sub is 250w also the same as the 3005's sub but after listening to the3005's in a demo room the sub sounds a hell of a lot better than the 5005's sub,thinking of an upgrade:D

Ixnay

DM 73 said:
I have the 5005's in a 6.1system and i love them.payed around £1300 for mine when they came out and have seen them online for £799 just the other day:(
They r the same 100w per speaker as the 3005's and the sub is 250w also the same as the 3005's sub but after listening to the3005's in a demo room the sub sounds a hell of a lot better than the 5005's sub,thinking of an upgrade:D
The 5005.2's sound promising as they have an upgrade on the sub used in the 3005's (HTB -> HTB2) with new Uni-Q's in centre/surrounds. Back up to that £1200 price tag though.:rolleyes:

Will be available at the end of the month and definately worth a listen and look with that all black finish (Pic + Info)!

seasider2

Standard Member
Ixnay said:
Admittedly I haven't called them up yet, but Superfi have the 5005's priced at £1000 on their web site.

What store have you seen them at for £500? Really want to demo these. If they perform well, combined with the fact that they are quite WAF'ish I'm in at that price! :D
Super-fi have quoted me £699 for the 5005.1's (incl. 1 pair of stands) over the phone.

martind

Birmingham SuperFi - Kef KHT5005 were £500 when i purchased my 2005.2's for the same price (17th August) at the end of last week. Not to sure if they were only on a promo though?

Give them a bell and let me know how you get on.

Martin

Ixnay

Looks like I might have to make a few phone calls. Creative Audio has some great packaged deals, but not sure if I'm up for a 4 hour train journey from London just to say "I'll take 'em" then have then delivered anyway. The KEF no delivery policy is a right pain in the @ss!!!

My credit card is starting to get very nervous though...... :devil:

AIRSOFT TOM

Standard Member
I've got the 3005's together with Yam's 659. Great combo.
When demoing I've heard them together with a RXV1600 which makes them sound even better. In due time I'll upgrade the amp but didn't need the HDMI feature yet. I preferred spending the extra money I saved on the amp on the 3005's instead of the 2005's.

When comparing the 3005's to the 2005 there's definately a big difference. I don't know how to describe it you have to go and demo them.
Which doesn't mean the 2005 are bad. They're a great bargain when on a budget. If you've got the money then go for the 3005's.

Good luck.

Y

Young Upstart

Hi lads,

First timer here, so go easy on me. In the market for a speaker package and was contemplating the 3005's myself, then I came across the Tannoy Arena Highline 300 package, see link below.
They look cool but I can't find any reviews or info on them in any mags, web pages etc!
Doesn't seem like many people stock them either.

http://www.arenahighline.com

Any ideas?

Cheers