KEF KHT 5005.2 Center

DolbyDan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a center in the sound quality, size and shape of the KHT5000 center. I ideally want this speaker, but I doubt I'll get my hands on it, so what are the alternatives?

creative audio have told me that the center is unavailable for sale, so I need alternatives :(

That's unfortunate - I believed that the 5005.2 centre was simply one of the satellites turned on its side.

Nevetheless, I'm also on the look-out for a smaller-sized quality centre-channel to partner my Panasonic 37PX600 (because its diamond-shaped pedestal is hampering the placement of such a centre-channel).

Fortunately, I have on loan an Anthony Gallo Due. I removed the outer shield (personal choice) and it's the perfect fit for my circumstances.

It's now out of production - but you can still get hold of them for the moment. I haven't yet decided on surround amplification and satellites, but my brother - with identical plasma - hooked-up the Gallo Due to his Panasonic SA-XR700 and KEF 2005. The results were impressive.

If you can stomach the asking price of £500 for one speaker I don't think you'll be disappointed.

http://www.anthonygallo.co.uk/due/due.php

Have a look at the Canton CD250, very similar in appearance and style.

See the Power buy section for prices and details.

I've got the original 5005's and the centre is definetly the same speaker as the rest in the set. The only difference is the Kef badge is turned 90 degrees and there's a bracket on the back that allows for the speaker to sit on a shelf.
I'd get a second opinion if I was you and you can probably get the bracket from Kef if needed.

Good as bought!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom