1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef KHT 2005 vs Mission FS2

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by z250p60, Jul 29, 2001.

1. z250p60

z250p60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    May I know which is the better sub/sat system for movies ?. One is a multiple award winner(Mission) and the other is highly recommended in most magazines(Kef).Which system goes well with Denon AVR 3801 ?. :confused:

2. ZZR

ZZR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard th FS2 with a Denon Amp (can't remember which one though) and it is certainly excellent for movies. Don't know how the KEF compares though.

3. Janner

Janner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just been through a similar dilemma. I went to audition the Mission speakers expecting to walk out the store with them (£600 from Audio Excellence), but instead came away very disappointed. To me they lacked the 'punch' you need for a decent home cinema setup. The speakers were paired with a Yamaha RXV620, but I doubt that a Denon would make them perform much better. The Kefs on the other hand seem far better suited to home cinema...I'm certainly pleased that I went with them.

4. Dave Nicholson

Dave Nicholson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just gone through the same process as you, and made my decision. I have bought Denon AV3801 amp, Kef KHT2005, Arcam DIVA DV88 DVD, and Panasonic TX32PG30 TV.<br />I also considered the Mission FS2 speakers but thought they souded a bit empty, and thin. They were good, but lacked mid range warmth, as seems to be the case with many sub sat systems. (Bose just seem to go "Tick tick BOOM") The Kef speakers are much fuller and gutsier, particularly for Home cinema. I actually wanted a compromise for music and movies (and size) (and value), and I am very pleased with the Kefs.<br />They give, to my ears, a much fuller richer sound than the Missions. They do need a bit of wellie to get the best out of music, as they seem to lack a bit of treble at lower volumes. <br />I am very pleased with them!

5. Spaceman

Spaceman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forget about the Kef's. Ever heard a Visonik David system? Thake 5 of these

<a href="http://home.t-online.de/home/visonik/david.htm" target="_blank">http://home.t-online.de/home/visonik/david.htm</a><br />(primitive website)

and their Visonik Sub 8 active (not on their website; it's a 150W RMS sub).

It's about 600 UKP (MUCH cheaper than Kef). I heard it against Kef's system. Especially the subwoofer was WAY better. Too bad you can't buy it in the UK (probably).

Han