KEF KHT 2005 - Active Amp ??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Cormorin, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Cormorin

Cormorin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Could some one tell me why the active sub on the KHT 2005 speakeres has connections for all the speakers aswell (ie surround, right left center) at present all the speakers come straight from my Yamaha A5-DSP to each speaker and the only connection to the sub is from the amp. With me so far ??

Would there be any improvement in sound perfomance if I connected all the speakers to the sub then to the amp ? Which would mean additional speaker cables as the sub is some distance from the amp.

Oh while I am on so rear speaker face front towards the TV or do you toe them in as the fronts ?

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Wire you speakers direct from the amp, easiest way to do it. There would be no big advantages to having them wired through the sub.

The rears should be toed-in . If they were pointing forward toward your TV then you would hear the sounds from them as reflections and not directly as intended.