1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF KHT 2005.2 (inc 2 extra speakers)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bluezorro, Jun 3, 2005.

1. bluezorro

bluezorro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have got the chance to get a pretty good 2nd hand KEF KHT 2005.2 kit with 2 extra speeakers for about £450. Is it still worth it or have they been out peformed by other compact speaker systems at a simelar price? Shall I save my cash and get the m-cubes?

Blue.

:rolleyes:

2. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    At that price I would say it's a good deal.
    I use them myself although I changed the center for a q6c and now use the extra egg as a centre rear.
    I did not replace the center as I was not happy with the sound although the q6c is a better centre speaker.
    I would say that if you can afford it and have the room then go for bigger speakers as it makes a difference.
    The new b&w's and the new m&k packages are supposed to be superb but you are talking at least £500 more.

3. whoever

whoever
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was told from a dealer that the pre Feb 05, Kef 2005.2's had a common problem with the sub? He said more than 80% were returned, although they were easy to fix. So that puts me off buying a 2nd hand 2005.2 setup. Has anyone else heard of this problem ?

4. Shin Akuma

Shin Akuma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Price of kef kht package has been reduced from £800 to £600 by Kef, that is %25 price reduction.

5. oh aye

oh aye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had my eggs now since october and had no problems at all very happy with them for the price. I paid £600 for them i think £450 is cheap second hand but you can get them for £600 new at most places. (hispek, superfi, sevenoaks.)