Kef KHT-2005.2 for £599 from Play

balders said:
I'm not sure how Play are getting around Kef's mail-order restrictions...

First thing that play.com state in the specification is that the warranty is with play.com, and not KEF - that's probably how.

Ah, that would explain it. And the Kef warranty is 5 years, whereas Play are only offering 1 year.

Not a bad price, although if I include the cabling that was thrown in when I bought mine, it's probably about the same price.

(And as we all know, it's much more friendly to buy from your local dealer who lets you set in his demo room for a couple of hours)

Balders.

Just a thought,

These are almost certainly grey imports and/or unauthorised trans-shipped units, with a Play.com warranty, and their service facilites are? and when the sub goes pop they will just ring Kef and get a new amp module with their spares account?? and then have it fitted by a trained engineer with 30 years of expereince??? and will of course be able to supply extra speakers.

All I am saying is that there are dealers out there who will get very close to that price, high street dealers. reputable dealers, dealers you know and (in some cases) love! Who have invested in KEF, in the product and in demonstrating it. Who have invested in staff time and training, system matching, cabling advice. Is all that and a 5 year warranty worh ~£50?

just a thought!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom