1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF KHT-2005.2 demo

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gadgetman, Jun 12, 2004.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Demoed a set of these today and was not really impressed. My wife wants me to swap to a set of these because the look asthecially better that my set of tannoy floorstanders and subwoofer and with all the good reviews was expecting better. Maybe I am asking too much from the sub as I do quite like the bass. Am I unfair in wanting all this from the eggs. The tannoys were not expensive only £500 for the large front, small rear and centre speaker coupled with a £350 subwoofer so They are in the same price bracket.

I`m looking for a plasma at the moment and most use is home cinema but I do also use for music. MAin reason to think about change apart from looks are that my current front speakers are not magnetiacally shielded and will look better with the plasma look.

Comments please.

2. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    If your getting a plasma your front speakers do not have to be magnetically shielded. Im not a great believer in miniature speakers - stick with you Tannoys if you can.

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Tiny Satellites have their place (I m currently using a Yamaha setup). You can sort the bass (thats the very low stuff, thats almost too low to hear), but whats lacking is the midrange (theres none) particularly low mids which most subs dont really cover (if they did they would no longer be a 'place anywhere' box). IMO smaller bookshelf speakers seem to perform the best, with a high quality sub.