1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef KHT 1005 vs 2005.2, which one?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Kootuu, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Kootuu

Kootuu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Something some of you guys could perhaps help with.

I'm either going to get the kef 1005 system and get rid of my sub, or, get 5 2005 sats and keep my sub.

I have an Eltax Atomic 10.2 sub at the moment, but I was more impressed with the sub on the 1005, perhaps it's because I've only tested my sub through a dvd player with an LEF input? Which I would assume would be crap compared to an amp?

Anyway, I can get the 1005 set including 5 sats and 1 sub for £500 or I can get five 2005 sats for £500.

Would get them from Creative Audio but they are near wales, I'm in London. Sevenoaks near me won't price match :(

I'd sell my sub for £60 ish.

I've heard the 2005 sats are much much better than the 1005's. I was mighty impressed with the 1005's though.

What do you guys think?

2. Kootuu

Kootuu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    I would sell your sub and get the complete KHT 2005.2 package. If you were impressed with the sub for the 1005 package then you'll love the 2005.2 sub.

4. Kootuu

Kootuu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Aye but that's £300 more than the 1005's, way more then I originally wanted to spend on speakers in the first place.

I'm thinking perhaps I was impressed with the sub on the 1005 more than my own Eltax because it was hooked up to a proper amp, where as my one has been hooked up to a cheapo dvd player with an LEF input, surely they can't compete?

5. JAMBO

JAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.audio-t.co.uk will pricematch creative audio and do the Mk 2 KEF's with 35m of QED cable and a 5m sub cable for £650. I agree, that you would be better with the 2005.2 sats AND sub. It is an excellent sub.
    Note: creative audio is in Shrewsbury, near Birmingham. Although KEF will not allow them to sell by mail order, they will deliver to anywhere in U,K, for free, if purchased in their store. So, if you have a friend, relative, or you work for a large company with a Midlands office... get someone to call in with a bank draft, order them and give your address as point of delivery. This is a way around KEF's ridiculous 'no mail order sales' policy, as it is technically an on-site sale.

6. Kootuu

Kootuu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Oh it's all so much money, but I want it...if I could pay in installments, I probably would, but BLAH! You don't want to part with yours do you JAMBO? :D

Why do I have to have a conscience? :(

7. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's not normally classed as mail order if you arrange a delivery with a shop and pay by phone, but some shops won't do it as they have to do a fraud check on the card