For Sale KEF KASA-500 stereo sub amp

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reaction score
Beat those lockdown blues with some new toys brought by your friendly UPS driver! :) Both for sale due to system reconfiguration. Payment via BT or PPG for long term members; delivery via UPS fully insured included for UK mainland - have all original packaging for both. If you are local and want to collect we can sort something out with appropriate social distancing (it's impractical for me to offer safe demo facilities though).

KEF KASA500 sub amp £425. In excellent little used condition. Coming up for 2 years old.; light use with a pair of Definitive Tech in-wall subs. Retail £850.
From their webblurb:
"KASA500
KASA500 is a powerful Class-D Dual 250WPC amplifier. This DSP controlled system amplifier is optimized to deliver thunderous bass from KEF Ci subwoofers. With both line and speaker level inputs, and DSP configurable pass-through with optional high pass filters – the KASA500 is versatile and can be deployed in limitless system configurations. Optional rack mount ears included."
Manual here:
http://www.kef.com/uploads/files/en/ci_2014/KASA500_manual.pdf
Photos of actual unit. Have all packaging and accessories.
_20191215_180249.JPG_20191215_180209.JPG

AVR550 SOLD TO @shezy Arcam AVR550 DIRAC AV receiver, £1200. In excellent little used condition, includes all packaging and accessories. Coming up for 2 years old. If you're looking for one you know all about it so no need for me to do any copy and pastage... Photos to show condition.
IMG_20200523_102033.jpgIMG_20200523_101555.jpgIMG_20200523_101408.jpgIMG_20200523_101423.jpgIMG_20200523_101446.jpgIMG_20200523_102533.jpgIMG_20200523_102812.jpgIMG_20200523_102943.jpg

Price and currency
£425
Delivery cost included
Delivery Is Included
Prefer goods collected?
I have no preference
Advertised elsewhere?
Not advertised elsewhere
Payment method
BT or PPG for long standing members
Last edited:

shezy

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
Hi @jfinnie

I'm interested in Arcam AVR but would like to confirm a couple of things before making an offer:

1) Do you have the original receipt for the purchase
2) Is any warranty left on the AVR?
3) As mentioned in other threads on forums Arcam warranty may not be transferable so would you be able to kindly help in unlikely case warranty needs to be claimed.

If answer to above queries is yes, keeping previous few sales in view, I can offer £1,000 including delivery. Can pay straight away. I hope it'll be acceptable for you.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reaction score
Hi @jfinnie

I'm interested in Arcam AVR but would like to confirm a couple of things before making an offer:

1) Do you have the original receipt for the purchase
2) Is any warranty left on the AVR?
3) As mentioned in other threads on forums Arcam warranty may not be transferable so would you be able to kindly help in unlikely case warranty needs to be claimed.

If answer to above queries is yes, keeping previous few sales in view, I can offer £1,000 including delivery. Can pay straight away. I hope it'll be acceptable for you.
Thanks for your interest.

1) I won it through a raffle that was advertised here on AVF in Nov 2017, the install happened middle of 2018. No receipt though it is public record what I received at the time in the build thread ( Dedicated room transformation of built-under garage )
2) Assume not due to 1) - this wasn't a retail purchase.
3) Even if there was, as I post here under my own name and not a pseudonym I can't see that this would be workable as I'd be acting in bad faith.

Hope that helps.

gurutugonmypuda

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Reaction score
Hi
Just out of curiosity, I’m looking to separate my system would you be interested in trading your 550 for an 850 with some money to me? My unit was registered July last year and in perfect condition..
Thanks Steve

shezy

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining mate. You are a lucky chap indeed.

I think it still may be under warranty as it would have been bought by the raffle organiser. But it won’t be of any use for the buyer now as it’s not transferable.

How’s the working order of the unit. I believe you have all Accessories and original packaging.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I’m looking to separate my system would you be interested in trading your 550 for an 850 with some money to me? My unit was registered July last year and in perfect condition..
Thanks for the interest. Alas I'm moving away from integrated AVR setups and the 850, though a lovely machine but being just an upgrade of the internal amplification, wouldn't serve me any purpose.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining mate. You are a lucky chap indeed.

I think it still may be under warranty as it would have been bought by the raffle organiser. But it won’t be of any use for the buyer now as it’s not transferable.

How’s the working order of the unit. I believe you have all Accessories and original packaging.
Thanks, yes very lucky. I've had a lot of enjoyment out of the room in the last couple of years. I'm actually living in the cinema room at the moment as my lad is on the shielding list so we're trying to distance a bit in the home where feasible. It's a hard life but someone has to do it...

The AVR works great, running the latest firmware from Arcam. It has never been driven particularly hard. For the last 6 months I've been driving my fronts with external amplification. The accessories are for the most part unused and sealed - the remote was used a couple of times during setup but I have my own UMIK so the setup mic is unused.

I've side-stepped / downgraded into a NAD758v3 for now on the way to getting a full separate processor / poweramps setup. To my cloth ear the Arcam does have the edge on sound quality with a bit smoother and cleaner delivery, and has a slight bit more polish to details such as staying quieter when surround formats change etc. The NAD on the other hand has a couple of features I want in my system so it gets me those until I can get a full pre/pro setup.

I have the delivery paperwork here from Habitech distributors dated 31/7/2018, so it is still a bit under 2 years old. That paperwork is effectively to the installers C/O me at my address, not to me. As I did not have purchase paperwork I never registered the unit with Arcam directly. As I say though I don't think it's appropriate for me to be engaged in discussions on the warranty of this as the situation in which it was supplied was not a standard transaction and it was all very public.

shezy

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks, yes very lucky. I've had a lot of enjoyment out of the room in the last couple of years. I'm actually living in the cinema room at the moment as my lad is on the shielding list so we're trying to distance a bit in the home where feasible. It's a hard life but someone has to do it...

The AVR works great, running the latest firmware from Arcam. It has never been driven particularly hard. For the last 6 months I've been driving my fronts with external amplification. The accessories are for the most part unused and sealed - the remote was used a couple of times during setup but I have my own UMIK so the setup mic is unused.

I've side-stepped / downgraded into a NAD758v3 for now on the way to getting a full separate processor / poweramps setup. To my cloth ear the Arcam does have the edge on sound quality with a bit smoother and cleaner delivery, and has a slight bit more polish to details such as staying quieter when surround formats change etc. The NAD on the other hand has a couple of features I want in my system so it gets me those until I can get a full pre/pro setup.

I have the delivery paperwork here from Habitech distributors dated 31/7/2018, so it is still a bit under 2 years old. That paperwork is effectively to the installers C/O me at my address, not to me. As I did not have purchase paperwork I never registered the unit with Arcam directly. As I say though I don't think it's appropriate for me to be engaged in discussions on the warranty of this as the situation in which it was supplied was not a standard transaction and it was all very public.
Thanks for the detailed reply mate.

Keeping the warranty situation in view I can offer £950 including delivery for the AVR.
You've plenty of positive feedback so can make the payment straight away via PPG.

I hope it'll be acceptable for you. We can move to PM if you are OK with the offer.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed reply mate.

Keeping the warranty situation in view I can offer £950 including delivery for the AVR.
You've plenty of positive feedback so can make the payment straight away via PPG.

I hope it'll be acceptable for you. We can move to PM if you are OK with the offer.
Sorry, it's worth more than that to me, looking for much closer to asking as I think it is fairly priced for what it is and insured delivery is going to be pricey due to weight and value. The only evidence I can find of one selling anything close to that money is a unit that was almost twice as old with no packaging as collection only, which was still regarded as "a nice bargain snapped up" by a 3rd party in that thread... :)

shezy

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
Totally understand mate.

I can stretch to £1,000 if it helps. I think that's a fair price for a unit almost two years old with no warranty.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reaction score
Totally understand mate.

I can stretch to £1,000 if it helps. I think that's a fair price for a unit almost two years old with no warranty.
I appreciate you coming up, but we're still too far apart. In the interest of a smooth trade with a well rated member the best I'd do would be to split the difference with you to £1100 delivered.

Re: the warranty - like any good AVF seller of course it goes without saying that you will receive a unit that is working as described - this isn't some cowboy "sold as seen setup" :). In that respect I think it is fair to say it has as much warranty as any other used AVR550 sold via here (perhaps more than some if you consider my high feedback as I have more "skin in the game"). Anything else is cherry on the cake that only might help if an unfortunate issue occurs, not something I'd call an iron-clad "warranty". :)

Of course, everyone has different levels of comfort and tolerance for risk in the interest of a deal.

shezy

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
No worries mate.

I think £1,000 is a fair price for this unit specially with current COVID19 situation when most of us trying not to burn our savings so I’ll leave the offer on the table for you to reconsider later.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reaction score
No worries mate.

I think £1,000 is a fair price for this unit specially with current COVID19 situation when most of us trying not to burn our savings so I’ll leave the offer on the table for you to reconsider later.
We'll agree to disagree for now on the value :) Thanks for the interest and the offer though.

shezy

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
Hi @jfinnie

Thought may touch base with you before considering another option out of the forums.
I can make a final offer of £1,025 including delivery. This may help you to cover the postage on top of £1 grand.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reaction score
Hi @jfinnie

Thought may touch base with you before considering another option out of the forums.
I can make a final offer of £1,025 including delivery. This may help you to cover the postage on top of £1 grand.
I'd be reasonably happy at a grand clear. If you'll cover actual insured postage costs over the grand then it is yours. If you can point me at postage for £25 fully insured for £1k then that gets you to £1025, though I think it will be closer to £50.

shezy

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks mate but this is me stretching to my limits. Ideally I wanted something in £900 range specially when one went for £950 a few weeks ago. But again it depends upon timing.

I know it may not cover the full delivery charges but will help a bit to take some burden off of you. If you want to leave a £1K plus deal for £25 quids or so, what can I say.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks mate but this is me stretching to my limits. Ideally I wanted something in £900 range specially when one went for £950 a few weeks ago. But again it depends upon timing.

I know it may not cover the full delivery charges but will help a bit to take some burden off of you. If you want to leave a £1K plus deal for £25 quids or so, what can I say.
I'm just looking into suitable shipping options and costs. Will get back to you.
As you say, timing is everything. At the moment this would be the cheapest 550 I know of on the market, so while I accept it's more money than you were looking to spend, it's also less than I was expecting to collect :) :)
I have a lead on a service so let me get back to you.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reaction score

OK, looks feasible to do it via UPS within budget and their insurance by chance tops out at £1000. Move to PM?

shezy

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
Off course mate. We have a deal £1,025 delivered it is. PM incoming.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reaction score
Awesome. Special thanks to @Thatsnotmynaim for pointing out that UPS do direct bookings with reasonable priced insurance - all the parcel brokers seem to really gouge on the insurance costs at this sort of value. Interparcel were after £36+VAT just for the insurance on top of the delivery cost... That will save me a small fortune over the long term.

Tolq

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Reaction score
Totally off-topic, but thanks very much for sharing the info on UPS direct bookings - I was arranging an international shipment, and you just saved me close to £100! :clap:

Congrats to shezy on your purchase btw - I've got the AVR550 as well, and it is a cracking amp!

shezy

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
AVR received and setup. Was very well packed and is in immaculate condition as described. All good.

Positive feedback left.

Thanks @jfinnie

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reaction score
AVR received and setup. Was very well packed and is in immaculate condition as described. All good.

Positive feedback left.

Thanks @jfinnie
Thanks @shezy, very much appreciated. Glad you are happy.

Just a KEF sub amp to go now, any takers? :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Physical Discs?, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon

Trending threads

Latest News

LG CX and GX OLED TVs gain AMD FreeSync Premium
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches HW-Q950T and HW-Q900T Dolby Atmos soundbars
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 12th July 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
QDC Blue Dragon earphones on sale in UK