KEF iQ5SE speakers

jason m

Standard Member
Thinking of buying a pair of the new KEF iQ5SE speakers.Read rave reviews about them-just wondering if anyone has a pair and if they are really that good.I know they're quite expensive(£400 ish) but I've just brought an Onyko TX SR amp and really want a decent pair of speakers to go with the amp

many thanks

alagermound

i demoed a pair with admitantly rather lame music (not mine) but i think they are over rated if i did a blind test with a pair costing half the price i doubt i could tell the difference, this was through one of those rather pioneer amps not a receiver.

ive decided to trial a pair of ms906i's currently at £250 ill let you know what i think.

Ricky27

I chose the IQ5 as they outperfomed lower priced speakers with ease, have a really good listen and run them in overnight and they sound out of this world, stunning for detail, dynamics and scale.

After run in they have such a rich tuneful bass thats hard to believe is coming from a slim floorstander.

Helicon

Banned
You could try the Monitor Audio BR5's - they're more forgiving of an AV amps audio quality - the KEF's can sound better than the MA's, but you'd need a 2 channel hi-fi amp to appreciate them. Heard them on the end of a Cyrus PreVS2 and an 8 Power pre/power combination - fantastic!

J

jwsmith

I have the iQ5se's through a Denon 3808 along with the iQ2c, iQ8ds's and PSW 2500. I think they sound great as part in both 5.1 and in 2ch stereo; I often have to remind myself that the sub isn't turned on. I'd never go for style over quality but I do think that as a piece of furniture in the main room of the house the Kef's look the business.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom