• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

KEF IQ5SE and IQ2c crossover

Garry123

Prominent Member
:hiya: Not sure whether to post this here or amp section. Anyway I have two IQ5SE as fronts, an IQ2c centre and two kef 1005 eggs as rears. I currently have all the front speakers set to 80Hz crossover and the two rears as 120Hz. The sub is set to 80Hz as well. Is this alright or should I set the sub to 120Hz because of the rears? I've not set them up properly yet using REM.

Cheers in advance.

Garry123

Prominent Member
Bumpty bump.

HiFiRuss71

Distinguished Member
I would say the speaker crossovers are about right and they are exactly the crossovers I use with my PMCs and M&Ks, although don't be scared to try slightly higher and lower with the front three.

As the speakers crossover controls the the bass redirected to the sub from the 5 or seven front & surround speakers, the amps subwoofer crossover only affects bass being generated by an LFE soundtrack. I believe that as such it should be set to it's maximum (normally 120Hz)as the LFE soundtrack can contain information up to 120Hz, although normally only up to 80Hz.

I would be interested to know where the LFE roll off is set in amps that lack this additional option - whether it's fixed at 120/80Hz or tracks the speaker crossover.

Russell

Garry123

Prominent Member
Cheers Russ, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom