Kef IQ10 wall bracket

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by marcus2704, Jan 29, 2009.

1. marcus2704

marcus2704

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I bought these, perhaps without reading the description closely enough, as I only realised when they arrived that Im meant to screw the bracket into my lovely spanking new Kefs -

KEF iQ10 SPEAKER BRACKETS (PAIR) - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/4529 for details

Is this my only opton for wall mounting these, if so Ill have to go ahead, but Id prefer not to if a bracket exists thats suitable for the curved Kefs!

Any advice (other than next time read the product info!) appreciated!

cheers

2. marcus2704

marcus2704

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    hi does anyone have any alternate solutions for this, the retailer has advised this is the only bracket thats suitable for this speaker?

3. paulr2006

paulr2006
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    I think your only answer would be a shelf if you don't use those brackets :)

4. Formby

Formby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NO! Wait! Don't screw into your lovely speakers! I hope you haven't yet, although it is likely that you have. What there is, is, a couple of pre-drilled wholes in the back of the iQ10s. Unfortunately, they appear to only be on certain model numbers.

Look at page four of the manual that came with your speakers. Here's a link to the .pdf file: http://www2.kef.com/resources/Current Products/Loudspeakers/Q Series/_manuals/q_series_manual-en.pdf

It also seems to be only the older model numbers that use the pre-drilled wholes! I would have thought that KEF would find pre-drilled wholes to be a much better design. Or perhaps it would cost them more to manufacture! lol. Take care, and great choice in speakers!

Formby.

P.S. This is like the only place that gives this information on google! So I hope it helps lots of people. Thanks to some guy at AVSForums who found this for me!