KEF iQ series vs new Q series speakers

rayyao

Standard Member
Hi guys. Really in a dilemma here. I've been searching for a pair of Q900 or Q700 on the used market for a few months now. However, just today I've come across a pair of very reasonably priced iQ90 speakers for about $250 Canadian. This is probably 1/4 of the price of a used Q900 here. I know they are totally different speakers. And coming from a pair of Polk Audio Monitor 70 speakers, I know either pair will be a significant improvement. But do you guys think that Q900 is that much better than the iQ90 to justify my continued search for it, and the 4 times price point? What might you do in my situation? Thanks a lot.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
If the rest of your electronics can match the Q700's, Q900's and what it really takes to get them singing then the answer is an easier one.

If its musicality your after and your amp's not that big, look at the Q500, I feel these are the are the most musical of the Q-series when you only have a basic to good amp.

I hope that helps you find a pair

rayyao

Standard Member
If the rest of your electronics can match the Q700's, Q900's and what it really takes to get them singing then the answer is an easier one.

If its musicality your after and your amp's not that big, look at the Q500, I feel these are the are the most musical of the Q-series when you only have a basic to good amp.

I hope that helps you find a pair
Hi Shane. Thanks for the reply. I ended up missing the opportunity to purchase the iQ90 while sitting on the fence. But that turned out to be a good thing. As later I found another deal that gave me the Q900, Q300, Q600C, and a polk PSW505, all in for the price of $400 Canadian. :laugh: I think that's gotta be one of the biggest score I've ever had with any electronic purchase. They are second hand but all in mint condition too.

My receiver is a Yamaha RX-A3050. I think it should be enough to power these babies. Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. Cheers.

Top Bottom