1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef Eggs rule the roost

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by phil5743, Jul 29, 2003.

1. phil5743

phil5743

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Just got the latest What Hifi? and Kef 2005.2 is group test winner beating VM1's. I am pleased with this verdict as I absolutely love mine, even for stereo vinyl play. I knew my ears were not deceiving me! Can't recommend them enough.

2. Big Adam

Big Adam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    What you running them with?

BTW, your comment about being great with stereo vinyl reproduction. Oh boy, you're gonna take some stick!

:D

Big A

3. phil5743

phil5743

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Linn LP12/Lingo Naim 72/140 Hicap/Yamaha DSPE800. Demands of re-decorating and increasing use of DVD's/decreasing vinyl led me to audition them (mainly with AV in mind). However Audio T gave me a lead to directly connect the Naims to the sub and I am re-discovering my vinyl again. I have been into hi-fi for quite a while now and have experienced a number of different set-ups over the years(not least my own Monitor Audio floorstanders).I know that one can analyse every aspect of sound reproduction but my experiences with the eggs proves to me that the source remains the most imortant component. The Linn/Naim system produces an extremely tight and detailed sound from the eggs/sub in stereo that is totally musical. Any specific deficiencies take second place to how entertaining and pleasing my records are sounding. Several friends and also my wife/kids (not into hi-fi) have also commented how good the vinyl sounds compared with 5.1! I'm surprised as this was not the intention! Well there you go, I'm being as honest as I can - now I'll take cover for the impending "stick".

4. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    WHFi made a valid point here. I have 5 VM1's and a Quake. Easily beats my old Kef .2 egg setup.

But as a package on its own the Kef has the more integrated sub.

5. phil5743

phil5743

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'm sure it will be only a matter of time before B&W improve the sub. I was swayed by the smaller size of the eggs though (my wife especially!)