Kef Eggs Room Size Query / Others

1ofaKind

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a set of Kef eggs running off a Denon 3805 in a room 9ft x 9ft approximately (I have 7.1 setup atm).

This room will hopefully be extended to 15ft x 9ft in the near future. My question is will the Eggs be good enough for the larger room or should I think about upgrading the front 3 and sub but leave the other speakers as they are?

If the answer if yes to potentially swap are floor standers overkill or should I look at say Kef 9000ace or something like that?

Is it okay to keep say 4 eggs for surround and surround back (7.1) or do they need to be matched in any way?

Cheers

I recently swapped my Wharf 8.4/8.2 combo for Kef 2005 sats and 5005 centre package, in a 15ft x 13ft room, because i wanted a more discreet sound and out of the way of soon to be moving, pulling, prodding childs' hands.

I can say now, whilst the eggs are good, they don't match up to the previous (full-size) package, they don't seem to fill the room as well. My ears are not the best in the world, so i can't comment on "brightness" and all the other techies terms, it just doesn't sound as good. I find myself having to listen to the speakers, rather than the sound projecting to me. For one, the amp is now on 42-ish for films, whereas before 42 would've blown the windows out.

I was warned about this by a few techies, but after the great reviews/comments the Kef's got i jumped in feet first. Wish i'd of got 5005 fronts too. Don't know how much of a difference that would've made....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom