1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef Eggs question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by HomeyJay, Dec 27, 2002.

1. HomeyJay

HomeyJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I finally bought a set of eggs a little while ago after hearing them at a friend's house. I've been very happy with them but the centre has always sounded a little dull to me so I borrowed my friend's centre and that sounded exactly the same. Everything's clear but the really high HF stuff - glass shattering etc. just doesn't seem to have that 'fizz'. I took my centre over to his house and plugged it in and the difference is amazing - the sound is sharp and exact. We both have the same amp - Yam 630 so that's not the cause. The cable's the same too.

I can only conclude that there's something wierd (acoustically) going on in my living room. What I need (maybe) is a centre with a LOT of HF so losing some of it would make it sound OK. I know it's a bit of a stupid solution but has any one got any other ideas - can you recommend a more suitable centre.

BTW, what is a KEF Egg centre worth these days, and does anyone want one ?

regards
    ravi

2. Silent Fly

Silent Fly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can try to connect an extra tweeter in parallel to the centre speaker. You would need a capacitor in series to remove the low frequencies.

Max

3. John F

John F
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Silent Fly
    I bought a single egg for £50 inc of postage willing to offer the same for yours if you have the box.