1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF Eggs at the rear?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by TobyJ, Jan 16, 2002.

1. TobyJ

TobyJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All

Would like some advice on rear speakers.

Current details are:
    Dynaudio Fronts
    Dynaudio Centre to come
    Fronts to be run through the hi fi amp (NAD 370)
    AV Amp - to come - probably Marantz 4200/5200, or Denon 2802, depending on funds and a test drive
    TV - Sony 32FQ75

I have about 2 metres from back of sofa to rear wall/bookshelves. High ceilings.

The original, tentative plan was to go for B&W 303s at the rear. But the guy from Audio T, on delivering the hifi stuff the other week, suggested I could go for a couple of KEF Eggs at the rear, on those natty little stands. Less space consuming, more flexible positioning. Which kind of appeals.

Obviously I will give any candidates a test run. I just wanted anyone's thoughts on this possible combination, or other suggestions I should consider. What other factors should I pay attention to?

Hope there's enough detail on the current set up.

Cheers:)

2. RC

RC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The nice guy at Audio-T said the same to me when I was worrying that the PMC rears I had lined up would get knocked over by my kids. As my preference is for music anyway, I am persuaded by the argument that these are 'merely' effects speakers and that my money was better diverted into a more expensive amp. That saved me £600!