1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kef eggs and rel stadium

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by mandeep, Sep 22, 2003.

1. mandeep

mandeep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got mark 1 kef eggs with a psw2000. I'm looking at replacing the sub and have found a rel stadium 1.

I have two questions this sub has a frequency response of 20hz- 120hz whereas the kef sub is 35hz - 150hz. Will the the rel have problems integrating with the eggs?

The rel only has high level XLR inputs only so will be connected via the front speaker output from the amp will this cause problems?

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't imagine the REL would have problems integrating with the eggs at all providing you set it up correctly.

However, neither would other (and frankly, better) subwoofers. I'm in the market for a new subwoofer too and won't be buying a REl :D

3. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nowt wrong with the stadium. Gotta be betta than the bundled subwoofer with the Eggs.

I notice Rel are starting to get a bashing now... some of them are pants, but the ST's are good subs, although Studio III is over priced. I think they should lower the price tag. Doubt they will though.

4. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,737
    REL does get a bashing on here and for good reason. I agree that their subs are fantastic (ST series)...but look at the prices. Silly when you look at what else you can get for less money.

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Is everyone coming across Stadium mark one subs at the moment or is this the same one that we were discussing with Epoman earlier in the week.

6. Epoman

Epoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Theres a chap selling one on another forum (forget which now).

I was interested but didn't buy it as I went the Velo CHT15 route instead. Too much talk of leaky crossovers and connectivity issues put me off.