1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kef eggs @ £500 , good price ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by step_one, Jan 27, 2004.

1. step_one

step_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all , a friend of mine is upgrading and says he may sell me his kef 'eggs' the version 1 models for £500 , he has 6 satellites + sub for 6.1 , sound like an absolute bargain to me.I have the pioneer d812 on order will these make a good combination , i know u guys usually say these are great , are they that good for music aswell as movies , its important to me that their good for music , but im a novice and this is my first stab at serious home cinema and i want to get it right.Any thoughts.

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi step_one,

if you do a search for kef eggs in the AV Hardware Classified adds forum, you see what other Mk1 eggs have gone for.

Link to one here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112377&highlight=kef+eggs

went for £550 with and amp - so i'd say £500 is probably a bit to much - new eggs are £100 each, i'd say around £375-£450 ???

check which version of subwoofer is with them PSW1000 IIRC was the default version sold with mk1's - whilst some peeps had the PSW2000 version with theres (thread link above has the PSW2000 model)

regards
    Gary

3. step_one

step_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi nealgs , thanks for the advice mate , ill check the sub model , and try get him down a bit.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Can you listen to them as opinion as to their ability with music is divided and you may not like them musically