KEF egg front speaker replacements

K

KWB

I have a KEF egg speaker set-up and use it with both the KEF and a REL Q40 sub. I would like to replace the front L/R KEF eggs and the KEF sub with some floor standing speakers and keep the other eggs for the centre and rear channels. The REL sub will be used for the bass as per my existing install. My amplifier is a Yamaha RXV 630 RDS.

Has anybody done this already and able to offer advice on possible speaker selection?

I'm just wondering whether you would benefit from a better centre first. I had eggs but before that I had a Monitor Audio Silver Centre which was just lovely.

I am happy with the dialogue from the KEF speakers however I would like to improve the mid\bass from the set-up. The performance from the Rel sub is satisfactory however I would like to remove the KEF sub from the system altogether.

I would like to obtain a 'bigger/weightier' sound from the system.

I think someone wants to do this in the Q&A section in this months what hi fi, if that helps. Cant remember what they recommend though....

WHF said that Kef Q3's would be a good choice to add to that system to make it 6.1.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom